Wednesday, May 8, 2013

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming

I've been trying to find a way to explain my last blog entry, while maintaining some privacy. I haven't even really spoken about it to anyone other than family, but here it is splashed on the Internet. Sometimes I forget that this thing is public, and that anyone can read it. Or, more accurately, I just assume that only a small handful of people have weasled their way to this corner of the internet.

Last Sunday (before my previous blog post) I received some bad news. Actually, bad news doesn't begin to describe it. I thought my dad was dying. As you can imagine, I reacted as well as any 24 year old would in the situation. I was overwhelmed. I still have trouble putting into words exactly how I felt. After waiting a year and a half to return to Spain, do I abandon my job and my future with Álvaro? Or do I miss out on what could potentially be the last moments with my dad?

Thankfully, it looks like it may have been a false alarm. The moral of the story: don't self-diagnose, even if you have previous medical experience. I'm just glad my dad isn't about to become the next Walter White.
Exhibit A: "Heisenberg"

Exhibit B: My dad

Provided that all goes well, I should be returning to Spain the following year. Back to normal.



1 comment: